Photonics Buyers' Guide > Laser Institute of America
Laser Institute of America
International society dedicated to fostering lasers, laser applications and laser safety worldwide. For four decades, LIA has served the laser community through conferences, symposia, publications and courses. The LIA is the secretariat and publisher of the ANSI Z136 series of laser safety standards.
Ownership type: Nonprofit
Peter M. Baker, Exec. Dir.
PRODUCT AND SERVICE CATEGORIES
MS=Manufacture Stock | MC=Manufacture Custom | S=Supply/Distribute | D=Design | =Banner ad
NEWS & FEATURES
LME Keynote to Address Ultrafast Industrial Lasers8/28/2013
- The increasing availability of industrial-grade ultrafast lasers and their use in machining will be...
LIA, OSHA Renew Alliance7/1/2012
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration of Washington and the Laser Institute of America...
Photonics Spectra 7/2012
Bioeffects Researcher Wins LIA Award4/7/2011
- The 2011 George M. Wilkening Award has been presented to Dr. Benjamin Rockwell by the Laser...
LIA: Becoming the Laser Institute of America7/1/2010
- As just about everyone knows, American physicist Theodore Maiman fired the first laser in May 1960...
Photonics Spectra 7/2010
ICALEO 2009 Leans Green10/14/2009
- Up-to-the-minute developments in carbon nanotubes and photovoltaics – technologies at the forefront...