Photonics Buyers' Guide > PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P.
PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P.
Sub. of Physik Instrumente (PI) GmbH & Co. KG
Piezo Nano Positioning
PI employs more than 750 people and provides the broadest and deepest portfolio of precision motion technologies worldwide— from piezo ceramic actuators to hexapod 6-axis systems to air-bearing stages. Two of our products were selected for NASA’s Mars Rover Curiosity science lab due to their excellent performance and reliability.
• Closed-loop piezo positioning systems (subnanometer precision)
• Hexapod 6-axis parallel-kinematic positioning systems
• Ultra-precision rotation stages with air bearings
• Motorized precision linear translation stages and linear actuators
• Photonics alignment systems / automated fiber alignment
• PICMA® piezo actuators 100 billion cycles life tested
• Ultrafast beam steering mirrors / tip/tilt positioners
• Custom motion systems for beamline instrumentation
• Several types of long-travel piezo motors
• Microscope stages, short & long travel
• Advanced digital motion controllers (improved linearity, trajectory control, settling).
• Precision closed-loop motion controllers
• Capacitive sensors for nanopositioning applications
• High-voltage piezo amplifiers, drivers
• 40-plus years of experience
• Expert global support
Facility area (sq. ft): 350,000
Ownership type: Privately Owned
Brian Lula, Pres.
Jim Gareau, VP Sales
Stefan Vorndran, VP Mktg.
Phil Greene, VP Engrg.
The HV 10-6 Torr and UHV 10-9 Torr by Physik Instrumente are the newest additions to the N-470...
A new hexapod system from Physik Instrumente is a 6-axis positioning system with a 1000-lb load...
N-725 Z-Axis Positioner
PI (Physik Instrumente) is offering the N-725 optical axis nanopositioning system for...
PI (Physik Instrumente) has added a 6-axis positioner to its family of parallel positioning...
LPS-24 PositionersMore Products >>
Physik Instrumente (PI) has introduced the LPS-24 series of miniaturized, piezo-motor-driven linear...
PRODUCT AND SERVICE CATEGORIES
MS=Manufacture Stock | MC=Manufacture Custom | S=Supply/Distribute | D=Design | =Banner ad
Resolution Enhancement of Imaging Chips with Piezo Technology
Camera systems and scanners must have high resolutions. This creates difficulties for all applications where low light intensity means neither the resolution of the chip nor the exposure time for changing or moving objects can be freely chosen. Typical applications are fluorescence microscopy, white-light interferometry (OCT in medical technology or general surface structural analysis), or surveillance cameras and cameras for aerial photography.
Reliability and Lifetime of Multilayer Piezo Actuators
Three essential factors affect the lifetime of piezo ceramics in positioning applications: Humidity, operating voltage and temperature. PICMA® multilayer piezo actuators are based on a special PZT (lead zirconate — lead titanate) ceramic, formulated to combine the desired characteristics for motion control such as high stiffness, low electrical capacity, high specific displacement, low load and temperature dependence with exceptional reliability and long lifetime.
NEWS & FEATURES
PI Names Culpi Engineering Chief of PI miCos Products4/9/2013
- PI (Physik Instrumente) USA has extended support for the PI miCos precision positioning product...
PI USA Acquires miCos GmbH Product Distribution for American Market5/25/2012
- In its next step to acquire miCos GmbH, PI (Physik Instrumente) LP announced that, effective June...
Piezoelectric Actuation Adds Capabilities for Microscopy2/1/2012
- Microscopy is a broad field – and it is getting broader every week, as novel imaging...
PI Opens Singapore Office9/29/2011
- Precision positioning systems manufacturer Physik Instrumente (PI) LP announced its expansion into...
- piezo actuators
- motorized positioning equip.
- nano tools
- piezo ceramics
- hexapod system
- linear stage
- linear motor
- piezo ceramics
- photonics alignment