Photonics Buyers' Guide > The Optical Society (OSA)
The Optical Society (OSA)
Uniting 180,000 professionals from 175 countries, the Optical Society (OSA) brings together the optics community with its conferences and programs. Since 1916, OSA has advanced the common interests of the field, providing educational resources to scientists and engineers by promoting the science of light. Publications, technical groups, and programs foster optics knowledge and scientific collaboration.
Facility area (sq. ft): 20,000
Ownership type: Nonprofit
Elizabeth Rogen, CEO
Melissa Russell, Deputy Sr. Dir.
PRODUCT AND SERVICE CATEGORIES
MS=Manufacture Stock | MC=Manufacture Custom | S=Supply/Distribute | D=Design | =Banner ad
NEWS & FEATURES
OSA Names New Chief Operating Officer1/29/2014
- Sean Bagshaw has stepped into the role of chief operating officer for The Optical Society. He will...
Duncan Named OSA Senior Science Advisor1/16/2014
- Optical scientist Michael D. Duncan has joined The Optical Society (OSA) staff as a senior science...
Stephen Harris Named Honorary Member of OSA10/23/2013
- Stephen E. Harris, professor emeritus of electrical engineering and applied physics at Stanford...
Water Stream Detects Pollution Better10/15/2013
- A microfluidic sensor with a novel design uses unconfined streams of water as a simple, cheap way...
The Optical Society (OSA)9/1/2012
- To honor professor Michael S. Feld’s fundamental contributions in the fields of laser science...
OSA Launches Internship Resource12/1/2011
- The Optical Society of America (OSA) has launched an “Internship Gateway” to its job...
Photonics Spectra 12/2011
OSA Foundation (OSAF)9/1/2011
- The OSA Foundation (OSAF) in Washington has announced a fiscal sponsorship agreement with the...
Donation Partnership Formed 8/1/2011
- The OSA Foundation in Washington has announced a fiscal sponsorship agreement with the...
Photonics Spectra 8/2011
OSA, ICO Announce Donation Partnership6/1/2011More News & Features >>
- The OSA Foundation (OSAF) announced recently a new fiscal sponsorship agreement with the...