is a complete 3-D optical design and analysis software product that supports virtual prototyping, simulation, optimization and photorealistic renderings of illumination applications. It provides powerful design solutions for a broad range of lighting systems, including LEDs, backlit and projection displays, interior and exterior vehicle lighting, reflectors, fiber light engines, complex light guides, solar collection systems and more.
Key features and benefits include:
• Smart, robust system modeling allows you to virtually prototype your lighting system rapidly and easily.
• Rapid evaluation of optical behavior during design iterations help you identify and fix potential problem areas early in the product development process.
• Simulate the optical effects of phosphors, bulk diffusers, rough surfaces, and color filters.
• Automatically optimize any aspect of your system – from dimensions and secondary optics to the CRI on receivers – to ensure system performance and reliability.
• Dynamically link SolidWorks®
models to LightTools, where you can assign optical properties, optimize optical and mechanical components, and directly update SolidWorks designs.
• Create photorealistic renderings of your design to verify and accurately represent the concept to others.
• Comprehensive software support provided by a dedicated staff of degreed optical engineering professionals.
LightTools is available from the Optical Solutions Group at Synopsys, formerly Optical Research Associates. For more information, visit http://www.opticalres.com.